123.hp.com/setup 5542 User Manual
The HP Envy 5542 is one multi function printer that can scan, print, copy, fax. The monthly duty cycle can be 1000 pages and consists of features like scan to email, scan to folder, HP Auto wireless connect. The recommended monthly volume is 300 to 400 pages.
The mobile printing solutions can be Apple AirPrint, HP ePrint, Morpia Print Service, wireless direct printing. The compatible operating systems can be Windows and Mac. The maximum print speed can be 21 ppm.
Setting Up My HP Envy 5542 Printer
The following guidelines can help you to install the HP Envy 5542 printer:
- First of all, peel the tape stuck to the 123.hp.com/setup 5542 printer using a scissor or knife.
- After that, flip back its folds and take out the printer by holding the styrofoams at its side.
- Now, make sure that you must clear off all the packaging materials inside and outside the HP printer and send them to recycling.
- Also, remove the small cardboard boxes inside the printer that was kept for safety.
- Then, you must remove the styrofoams from its sides and remove the over protective cover on the scanner glass of the
- Moreover, you have to check for the essentials contents in the package.
- Now, proceed with 123.hp.com/envy5542 setup.
- Further, place the HP Printer on a flat surface and begin with turning on the printer
- Secondly, attach one end of the power cord to the back of the HP printer.
- And fix other end of the power cord to the electrical outlet
- Push the power button on the front panel to turn on the printer
- Thirdly, as per the printer instructions, you have to load the ink cartridges and insert the paper
How can I load install ink cartridges and insert paper?
- First of all, unpack the new ink cartridges that came along the printer package
- After that, access the ink cartridge door.
- Squeeze the ink cartridge lever to place the cartridges.
- Secondly, place the cartridges smoothly, one by one, into the respective slots.
- At last, press down the lever to lock the cartridges and confirm the locking with the clicking sound.
- Now, pull out the input tray of the HP Envy printer.
- Fan a pile of paper to its limit and keep it on the input tray.
- Ensure to adjust the width guides of the tray and also extend the output tray.
- On the other hand, the HP Envy printer will recognize all these
- And this will start with aligning the ink cartridges.
- Further, it prints the alignment page.
- You must verify the alignment page for correctness.
- The first stage of 123.hp.com/envy5542 is complete.
- At last, the 123.hp.com/setup 5542 is all set and ready to print.
How To Connect My HP Envy 5542 Printer To The Wireless Network?
Proceed with the instructions below to connect the HP Envy 5542 printer to the wireless network:
- First of all, you must power on the HP Envy 5542 printer to start with HP Envy 5542 wireless setup.
- After that, you have to go to the Settings on the Control panel.
- Secondly, under that, you have to choose Network from the setup menu.
- Moreover, you have to select the Wireless option.
- And then choose the Wireless Setup Wizard from the Network menu.
- Thirdly, look for your wireless network from the available list.
- Pick your WiFi network from the list available.
- Similarly, provide the WEP/ WPA Passphrase for the network and press OK.
- Finally, press OK to confirm the settings.
How To Get Driver For My HP Envy 5542 Printer?
Execute the following prompts to download HP Envy 5542 printer on your computer:
- You can install driver for HP Envy 5542 printer from 123.hp.com/setup 5542.
- At first, reach 123.hp.com/setup 5542, to download the 123.hp.com/envy5542 printer driver.
- Click the link over there, and this will redirect you to the driver download
- Secondly, on the next page, check for your HP Envy model.
- Next, choose the operating system that you are currently using from the available list.
- After that, go to the system settings and verify for the version of the operating system
- Moreover, opt for the version from the list
- Further, you have to verify the driver file details and accept the agreement, if any.
- At last, tap the Download button and select a location to save the file.
- Similarly, go o the downloads destination and double click the driver file to begin the installation process.
USING installation CD:
- At first, you must insert the CD in to the CD driver.
- After that, access the folder and double-click the CD drive.
- The CD contents are present in the right pane of the screen.
- Moreover, double-click the Setup file, and this shall open the installer window.
- You can see the Setup file in the File Explorer and carry on with the on screen prompts.
- Secondly, explore Windows for the computer, and hit Enter.
- And the File Explorer or This PC shall access.
- Double-click the C: drive and C: drive in the This PC folder
- Further, the new Folder, input HP Software to name the new folder, and then press Enter.
- Instantly, in File Explorer, choose the disc drive.
- Likewise, hold CTRL and A to opt for all the files, and then hold CTRL and C to copy all the files.
- tap the C: drive, and go to the HP Software folder you made in the step before.
- Thirdly, hold CTRL and V to paste all the files.
- Look for Windows to Run, and hit Enter.
- In the Run window, enter C:\HP Software\setup.exe, and then press Enter.
- At last, the installer window will now open.
- Move on with the on-screen guidelines to install the software.
- Once the software installation is complete, make sure to delete the HP Software folder you created.
Installation on Windows 10:
- First of all, access Change device installation settings.
- In there, you have to select Yes and click Save changes
- After that, access the control panel and tap Devices and Printers option
- Click Add a printer and opt your printer from Choose a device or printer to add to this PC
- Next, under the manufacturer’s pane, click HP and name of your printer
- Secondly, select to Add a printer using TCP/IP and tap next
- Pick Autodetect from Device type and input the IP address of your HP Envy 5542 printer.
- At last, the computer will connect to HP Envy 5542 printer and install the driver.
And here it is for Mac:
- At first, you have to make sure the HP printer and is turned on.
- Next, tap the Apple icon and select System preferences.
- After that, tap Print and Scan option and then tap the Plus + icon
- Make sure to provide the Apple administrator ID name and password
- Moreover, choose the HP printer of yours from the list
- At last, tap the Add option, and the HP printer will be connected to the Mac computer.
How To Copy Documents On HP Envy 5542 Printer?
Proceed with the following guidelines to copy documents on HP Envy 5542 printer:
- First, you have to load the original print side facing down on the right front of the feeder glass.
- Make sure to specify the number of copies and settings that you require.
- Moreover, on the Home screen, touch Copy, and choose the number of copies.
- In case, if the value for the 2–Sided option is 1:2, tap to choose 1:1.
- After that, tap Settings to specify the paper size, paper type, quality, or other settings.
- Similarly, tap Back to get back to the Copy screen.
- Secondly, tap Black or Color to begin the copy job.
A 2-sided copy
- First of all, place the document on the scanner glass.
- After that, input the number of copies and settings.
- On the Home screen, tap the Copy option.
- If the mark for the 2–Sided choice is 1:1, tap to select 1:2.
- Moreover, tap Settings, go through the options, and tap Resize to make sure Actual is
- Further, the Settings screen, choose paper size, paper type, quality, or other settings.
- Thirdly, tap Back to go to the Copy screen.
- Then tap Black or Color to begin the copying activity.
- Finally, once after the prompt, load the second original and tap OK.
Want to clarify all your doubts on 123.hp.com/setup 5542, or want to know how to start with HP Envy 5542 wireless setup, HP Envy 5542 driver for Windows 10, contact our professional expert squad using the toll free number @ +1-866-217-6030 or visit 123.hp.com/setup 4500.